IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
Artwork Drop off: June 21 from 10am-1pm
Artwork Pickup: July 31 from 10am-4pm
- Each artist may bring up to 2 pieces. All media are accepted; 2D, 3D, Mixed-Media, Video, etc.)
- Two-dimensional work cannot exceed 74” in height and 74” in width.
- Three-dimensional work must be no more than 84” tall with no more than 40″ x 40.” The maximum accepted weight for three-dimensional work is 200 pounds.
- If your work exceeds the above-mentioned specifications, an exception may be made as long as you successfully communicate this issue in advance of your entry and the DAC is able to accommodate. Please address your concerns to DAC Exhibits Director, Peter Hay: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your work will be insured for the purchase price. If work is Not For Sale, you must include value of work for insurance purposes. It will be fully insured by the Durango Arts Center upon arrival at the DAC and through de-installation until it is shipped back to you. Work without a stated value will be insured for $100.00.
- The exhibition will open on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 and continue through Saturday, July 29, 2017. All accepted work must remain in the Durango Arts Center’s Entrada Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- The Durango Arts Center reserves the right to remove any artwork at any time during the exhibition or refuse to display artwork due to unstable/unsafe exhibition or hanging methods.
- The Durango Arts Center reserves the right to reproduce images of accepted work in support of its programming in perpetuity.
- Please include a complete label on the back of each accepted artwork including: name, title, dimensions, medium, and price/value.
- All work must be ready to install upon delivery (cleats, d-rings, custom hardware, etc.). If a painting is not framed, it must be gallery wrapped (its sides must be painted). Works on paper using magnets, grommets, or pins are also acceptable.
DAC will retain a 40% commission for sales of work by member artists and a 50% commission for sales of work by non-member artists during the run of the exhibit. The sale price indicated at artwork drop-off/shipping should reflect this commission.
The 1st annual Durango Pride Art Show is a featured event of the 2017 Durango Pride Festival. Learn more about the festival events here