A signature community event, Durango Arts Center’s Winter Solstice Invitational Artisans’ Market is the perfect destination for holiday shopping. Experience Barbara Conrad Gallery transformed into a dynamic outlet featuring over 50 invited regional artists selected for their high-quality offerings of original and unique fine arts and crafts. Find the perfect one-of-a-kind holiday gift in this year’s market filled with local ceramics, jewelry, metal, textiles, glass, wood, note cards, ornaments, calendars, photography, painting, and drawing.
CALL TO ARTISTS
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Friday, November 1st, 2019
Winter Solstice Artisans’ Market (WSAM) provides artists and craftspeople a unique opportunity to sell work through DAC in a 4-week long professional market setting, with DAC providing marketing to its 1200+ membership and the community-at-large. DAC retains 40% commission of artist sales, which supports the costs of the market and the dynamic, year-round exhibition program that welcomes over 8300 visitors annually.
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?
Contact Tiffany Jacot
by emailing email@example.com
or call (970) 259-2606
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Friday, November 1st @ Midnight
Deadline for registration, complete digital registration, and entry fee (membership payment if applicable).
Saturday, November 6th
Winter Solstice Inventory Spreadsheets (Google Sheet) will be emailed to all registered artists on or before October 26th, along with detailed instructions on how to input your inventory.
Tuesday, November 12th
Deadline to submit artwork inventory spreadsheet to DAC. Please email inventory to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call Tiffany with questions, (970) 259-2606.
Wednesday, November 13th
DAC will prepare labels of each artist’s inventory, available for pick-up at DAC 10 a.m. to 5 pm
Saturday, November 15th
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., drop-off all labeled artwork at DAC. A drop off time sign up sheet will be emailed out with registration info. Please sign up for a time to help spread the artwork drop off throughout the day and not all at one time.
Friday, November 22nd
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Opening of Market!!!! Tell your friends and family there is a Black Friday alternative!
Saturday, December 23rd
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., LAST DAY OF WSAM
Sunday, December 27th
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., pick-up unsold artwork inventory at DAC. There will be a pickup time sign up sheet emailed out a few weeks before the end of the market. Please sign up for a time to help spread the pickup congestion.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Complete your registration by November 1st, 2019.
“Complete Registration” requires the following:
- Filling out the entry form.
- Paying the entry fee and membership if needed.
NOTE: Completing the online form does not conclude your registration. Your registration is complete when the appropriate payment has been received by the DAC.
Durango Arts Center, 802 E. 2nd Ave, Durango, CO 81301
If you are not currently a Durango Arts Center Member your Non-member registration fee of $125 will automatically include an Artist Level membership, which will be active for 1 year. As a member, you will receive a higher commission fee (60%) on artwork sold, in addition to other benefits. To learn more about DAC membership visit: https://durangoarts.org/join-as-a-member/
- DAC Member Entry Fee: $75
- Non-Member Entry Fee: $125
If your payment is not received by the November 1st deadline, you will not be included in the market.
2. By Saturday, Nov. 2nd, 2019 DAC will email you a specific inventory spreadsheet form through Google. Each artist must complete this Google Sheet in full, itemizing all of your merchandise that will be for sale. Each artist may enter up to 200 items. No other spreadsheet will be accepted aside from the one that DAC supplies.
Please email the completed inventory form to Tiffany Jacot at email@example.com, no later than Tuesday, November 12, 2019. Please follow the instructions and be certain all the information is correct!
3. DAC will enter your inventory into our system and then create artwork labels for artists to pick-up by Saturday, November 13, 2019. Each label will include your artist code, a short description of the item and the retail price. Artists are responsible for affixing these labels to their artwork prior to drop-off at DAC. Artwork will not be accepted without labels.
4. All artwork must be brought to DAC on Saturday, November 15, 2019, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. An exhibit committee member will assist each artist in checking in the work. Artists may install their own display but must remain flexible to fitting all artists’ work into the show and merchandising the space to disperse artwork throughout the space. DAC will provide pedestals, plexiglass displays and tables with black cloths, but if you require a specialized display, please supply it! Please call or email Exhibits Director to discuss specialized displays prior to installation day.
5. Artists must be willing to sign up for Market sales and assistance at least one shift per week during the Market. Shifts are either 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., November 22 – December 23. A Google Sheet with all available dates will be emailed and each artist is responsible for signing up for their respective shifts. Shifts will require different numbers of shop volunteers. This will be listed on the Google Sheet.