Durango Arts Center Members are invited to enter one piece of artwork of any medium in the non-juried annual exhibit. A $10 processing fee is required for each entry – artists must be a current member of the Durango Arts Center to take part. As selected by a members’ survey and vote last year, this year’s theme will be “Interconnection”. We hope all artists will find this a broad opportunity to be inspired by self-reflection and expression around the concept of ”Interconnection”.
Although this exhibit is not juried, there will be cash prizes for Best of Show, 2nd and 3rd Place winners. These will be selected by the DAC Executive Director and Board President. The Durango Chamber of Commerce “Reflections of Durango” award in the amount of $250 will be selected from the artwork in the exhibition. The choice is made by the Chamber of Commerce Board Members. The selected artwork will be reproduced (1000 prints) and distributed to all Chamber members. The Durango Chamber of Commerce has first option to purchase the artwork for possible auction at their Annual Awards Event.
Best of Show: $250
2nd Place: $125
3rd Place: $75
How to Enter:
Make sure your membership is current. Fill out the entry form below. On Tuesday, Oct. 1st, 11 am – 4 pm, bring your artwork with the completed entry form and label affixed to the back of the piece. Artist biographies or artist statements are encouraged (one 8.5″x11″ sheet of paper). These will be placed in a binder and displayed on a lit pedestal in the gallery for visitors to read. The DAC encourages artists to offer their work for sale. DAC will retain 40% commission from each sale of work during exhibit; the sale price indicated should reflect this commission.
- Must be current DAC member to enter.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Membership can be purchased at the time of entry.
- $10 entry processing fee must be paid by cash or check when entry is delivered.
- Artwork of any medium may be entered as long as it fits the guidelines.
- Work submitted must have been completed within the last two years and cannot have been previously exhibited at DAC
- Compositions from published materials and works considered to be reproductions can be rejected at any time.
- All work must be original and must have been created outside a classroom environment without the assistance of an instructor.
Conditions of Exhibit:
- All work must be dry and ready to display, properly framed and correctly wired for hanging. Exceptions are allowed for work specifically intended to be unframed. The Exhibits Director reserves the right to make final decision regarding whether or not the work is display ready.
- Artwork cannot exceed 60 inches in any direction.
- Questions? Call Exhibits Director, Julia Klema, (970) 259-2606 Ext. 12.
- Entries cannot be removed before the close of the exhibit.
- All work must be picked up on Saturday, Oct. 26th, 10 am – 4 pm.
- A $10 charge will be assessed per work, per day for art not picked up on time.
- Work left for longer than three days after the pickup date automatically becomes the property of Durango Arts Center.
- If you cannot personally deliver or pick up your work at the designated times, you must arrange for someone to deliver or pick it up for you. This is your responsibility.
- The DAC encourages artists to offer their work for sale. DAC will retain 40% commission from each sale of work during exhibit; the sale price indicated should reflect this commission.
2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition Calendar:
10/1: Artwork Drop Off, 11am – 4pm
Barbara Conrad Gallery, DAC
10/4: Opening Reception, 5pm – 7pm
Barbara Conrad Gallery, DAC
10/25 : Last Day Exhibit! Barbara Conrad Gallery, DAC
10/26: Artwork Pick Up, 10 am – 4 pm, Barbara Conrad Gallery, DAC, Please be timely!
The Annual Members’ Exhibition is made possible by the 2019exhibits season sponsors: Don and Judy Hayes, Russell Engineering and Oxford Asset Management.