CALLING ALL ARTISTS & CRAFTSPEOPLE!
Join us in September in beautiful, historic downtown Durango, Colorado to celebrate the 23rd annual Durango Autumn Arts Festival. The Festival is a regional destination event, held on quaint, tree-lined Second Avenue surrounded by boutique hotels, shops, and locally-owned restaurants, with Main Avenue just one block down, known a gathering place for shoppers and the thousands of visitors that fill the town each fall.
Organized as a benefit event by and for the Durango Arts Center, the region’s premiere non-profit arts organization serving Durango and the Four Corners, the festival is a well-loved and attended community event attracting a large audience throughout the weekend. In 2016, the Festival welcomed an estimated 7600 visitors. Artists and craftspeople report the show is well organized and offers great hospitality and friendly, steady crowds.
AMENITIES: The Durango Autumn Arts Festival is a fine art and fine craft festival with a reputation for fine treatment of artists, ample hospitality and friendly crowds. We offer a Welcome Dinner on Friday night (September 15, 2017) during registration where we wine and dine you and your support staff; complimentary coffee and donuts on Saturday morning during set up; friendly booth sitters; indoor restrooms; and access to drinking water among other amenities.
ADVERTISING: We produce a full color Festival Guide that includes a map with booths locations and an exhibitor list as well as a photo gallery of selected exhibitors’ work, which is distributed in over 8500 copies of The Durango Herald the weekend before the festival. The Festival Guide is available at festival sponsor locations as well as at the festival site. The festival is widely publicized on local radio stations, in regional newspapers and magazines in Colorado and New Mexico and through ads and an extended show preview (print and online) in Southwest Art Magazine. An exhibitor catalog on the Durango Arts Center’s website previews the Festival artists and craftspeople.
AWARDS: Jurors will select award winners based on their visits to booths on Saturday morning. Awards will be announced on Saturday afternoon from the music stage.
- Best of Show / Fine Art – $500 Cash Award + automatic entry & waived application fee in 2018; mention in Festival Guide; Ribbon
- Best of Show / Fine Craft – $500 Cash Award + automatic entry & waived application fee in 2018; mention in Festival Guide; Ribbon
- Best of Show / Best Booth – automatic entry & waived application & fee booth fees for 2018; mention in Festival Guide; Ribbon
- First Place – Ribbon & mention in 2018 Festival Guide
- Second Place – Ribbon & mention in 2018 Festival Guide
- Third Place – Ribbon & mention in 2018 Festival Guide
- Honorable Mention – Ribbon & mention in 2018 Festival Guide
Review complete rules, regulations, eligibility and information about the Festival on our ZAPPLICATION page.