Durango Autumn Arts Festival
September 16-17, 2017
SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!
Join us in September in beautiful, historic downtown Durango, Colorado to celebrate the 23rd annual Durango Autumn Arts Festival. The Festival is a regional destination event, held on quaint, tree-lined Second Avenue surrounded by boutique hotels, shops, and locally-owned restaurants, with Main Avenue just one block down, known a gathering place for shoppers and the thousands of visitors that fill the town each fall.
Organized as a benefit event by and for the Durango Arts Center, the region’s premiere non-profit arts organization serving Durango and the Four Corners, the festival is a well-loved and attended community event attracting a large audience throughout the weekend. In 2016, the Festival welcomed an estimated 7600 visitors. Artists and craftspeople report the show is well organized and offers great hospitality and friendly, steady crowds.
The Durango Autumn Arts festival is made possible thanks to the generosity and support of our entire community who provide sponsorship and in-kind donations. The Festival is a regional destination event that can offer your business tremendous promotional exposure in preview advertising and throughout the weekend activities. Our supporters typically renew annually based on positive experiences and excitement about partnering with one of our community’s premier events! Sponsorships start at $250, contact Cristie Scott, Executive Director learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org / (970) 259-2606, Ext 14
- Juried art festival featuring fine art and craft from across the US (10% regional artists).
- Audience: 2016 welcomed 7,649 visitors to the downtown corridor, an increase over 6,500 visitors in 2015.
- Premier Sponsor: 1st Southwest Bank
- Durango Arts Center 2017 Festival Event Goal: $47,000 = artist application fees/booth fees/business in-kind and financial sponsorships (artists retain 100% of their sales)
- Visitors represented 27 states, the largest concentration of visitors were from new Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, California, Utah and Nebraska.
- Using the Business Improvement District’s computation formula, in 2016, $826,000 was conservatively infused in the local economy over the two-day Festival, with an additional $42,000 from non-area Festival artists who required lodging/food for a minimum of three nights/four days.
- Family and pet-friendly community event
- Local live entertainment is featured on the Festival stage throughout the weekend.
SPONSOR GRATITUDE PLAN
- YOUR LOGO placed in the Festival Guide, which will be distributed to the doorsteps of 5000+ Durango Herald weekend print edition subscribers Saturday, September 9.
- YOUR LOGO placed on the Durango Arts Center website (see below), and on the DAC Supporter’s webpage (hyperlinked to your business website).
- YOUR BUSINESS highlighted in the Durango Arts Center members newsletter Artsline, distributed electronically to 1,250 member households (hyperlinked to your business website).
- YOUR LOGO placed on a flatscreen digital display in the DAC lobby, trafficked by an estimated 30,000 visitors annually.
- YOUR BUSINESS named in post event Durango Herald thank you letter post-festival.
- In-kind or sponsorship donation acknowledgement to your business on DAC letterhead. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, donations to DAC are fully deductible in keeping with current IRS regulations (Federal Tax ID # 23-719511).
FESTIVAL MAINSTAGE SPONSOR:
IN-KIND Festival Supporters
2016 Best of Show Award Winners
1st Place – Gilmore Scott, Painting, Booth 71, Montezuma Creek, UT
2nd Place – Rena Hamilton, Ceramics, Booth 85, Flagstaff, AZ
3rd Place – Kevin DesPlanques, Wood, Booth 62, Mancos, CO