- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing activities in a nonprofit field, business, government or arts organization. It is highly preferred this candidate has an established understanding with local media contacts.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree obtained from an accredited 2- or 4-year institution, or equivalent in training and work experience that equates to an advance degree.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for community arts & culture.
- Must be comfortable working in Microsoft Office, Google Business apps (Drive), databases and a strong proficiency in design platforms is highly desired in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp and social media outlets.
- Proven success in multiple aspects of marketing nonprofit, civic or business activities, including experience in growing audience loyalty.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills required; ability to write appropriate, concise and effective copy to engage a variety of audiences.
- Exceptionally organized with excellent project management skills.
- Willingness to spend time outside of the office environment to interact with relevant individuals and groups who are instrumental in the outreach process.
- Flexible schedule to work occasional events on evenings and weekends.
- A background check will be required for the successful applicant.
MARKETING STRATEGY & ANALYSIS
- Execute annual MARCOM (marketing-communications) plan to broaden DAC’s constituency, create and sustain strategic partnerships, and position the organization in a way that results in increased ticket sales and sponsorships, eNews subscribers, audience engagement, local and regional visibility and general street buzz
- With information from Director of Development and Program Directors, conceptualize and implement marketing and outreach plans per program/event.
- In coordination with the Director of Development, lead a monthly meeting with the Program Directors to share marketing priorities and tactics
- In coordination with staff, generate an annual budget of marketing activities
- Execute the design, printing and distribution of all materials in a timely manner and ensure out-going information is accurate and consistent with DAC’s style sheet:
- Program/event posters, postcards, flyers and building banners
- Advertisements appearing in regional publications and local newspapers
- As budgeted, coordinate radio underwriting with local stations
- DAC’s quarterly Artsline membership newsletter (shared as an online publication)
- Ensure designed collateral and all campaigns positively reflect DAC’s mission and brand
- Oversee all content and updates made to www.DurangoArts.org (WordPress platform) and social media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Draft and send press releases to media outlets; track, collect and archive news coverage of programs
- Maintain timely posts to community calendars
- Work with staff to develop creative messaging and amplify content on the web and social media platforms to increase followers, likes and user action
- Assemble and send out bi-weekly general, artist and targeted eNewsletters
- Coordinate digital and printed marketing efforts with FastSigns for presence in DAC’s lobby monitor, Welcome Center, La Plata County Airport, Rec Center and Santa Rita Visitor Center
- Coordinate photo and video documentation of key events
- Update job knowledge through external and internal educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, learning more about the visual and performing arts industry and history/trends in nonprofit engagement.
This job summary is not designed as all-inclusive; rather it aims to identify essential functions and qualifications of the Marketing Coordinator position. Applicants may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated above; certain functions not explicitly mentioned in this description are nevertheless understood to be essential to the position.